Wintertime is definitely harder to get everyone together for a baby blessing. It seemed as though each Sunday someone was always sick. Jacob also picked up a cold (complete with congested and stuffy nose- which made it hard for him to breath, eat, or sleep) which lasted for about a month. Because he was still sick when we originally planned on blessing him (Dec 1st), we pushed it back another week. Unfortunately it snowed a lot that weekend so most of my family was unable to come, but most of Neal's family live very close and were here. Those in the circle included: Neal, his Dad and Grandpa, Brent, and Josh (Stephanie's friend). My sister Rhonda and family made it up here for the tail end of the blessing, due to the bad roads. The blessing was very nice and Jacob was quite content and happy throughout it (unlike Lydia). What a blessing it is to have the gospel in our lives and to have Neal be a worthy priesthood holder to preside over our family. We didn't get any pictures taken on Sunday, so Monday morning I put him back in his outfit.


As soon as I pulled out the camera, Lydia wanted in on all the action, so we did a little photo shoot with her as well. What a job! I think that I'll leave picture taking to the professionals, or at least when I have someone here to help out.
Trying to get a 2 year old still and smiling! I think that I took about 30 or 40 pictures trying to get one that I loved and still wasn't super happy with any of them. Oh well, we're getting family pictures taken next month!
No comments:
Post a Comment