Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Warm weather and goodbye to friends

As usual, I've let the time get away from me and have put off updating the blog. It has been another great, fun, and busy month.The weather has also been really nice and we love being outside more and more each day! We finally got our garden planted. Hopefully it does well this summer and we can enjoy our own bountiful harvest-literally! So far we have; peas (regular and snap), potatoes (red and yukon gold), tomatoes, pumpkin, squash (a few varieties), corn, and a few herbs. We also planted carrots, but hardly any came up :(  The Mayers also have some fruit trees (cherry and peach) as well as raspberry bushes and a few strawberry plants that we are hoping to enjoy this summer as well.


Neal taking advantage of the warm weather by washing his car.

Thanks to Joseph (Wendy's husband) we were also able to buy a bike trailer. He was working at the D.I. here and bought one for Porter to use. Because they are a very in demand item, they just don't last long when one comes through so we asked him to let us know when he saw one come in again. A week or two later Wendy called me to say that someone had just brought their old bike trailer to D.I. and Joseph thought it would be put out on the main floor in about 15 minutes. When I got there it was still in back so I asked a worker if he could bring it out for me to look out. He actually came out with two of them- another had come in that day as well. As I moved over to examine the better looking one, a lady came up, grabbed the other one and bought it. Wow! No kidding these things go fast- if you aren't there when they first come out, you don't stand a chance of getting it. Good thing we only needed one of them. :) The one we got was a bit dirty and looked like it had been stored outside for a while, but after taking it home and cleaning/sanitizing it really well, we were quite pleased with the results. Best part is- it only cost $20! Lydia enjoys it for short rides, but she is still a bit small for the straps and slips down if we ride for too long.

 Getting ready for our ride




Speaking of Joseph, Wendy, and Porter, they moved to California. We are so sad that they are gone and miss them like crazy. It was so fun to have my best friend just minutes away. Lydia also loved doing anything with Porter, following him around, and always trying to touch him (although Porter didn't feel the same and would usually run away). They moved down to try and help Wendy get better (she is currently going through the Gerson therapy in hopes of curing the Ulcerative Colitis/ Crohns Disease she has had for the past 10 years). Good luck Wendy!
Costco run with Wendy and Porter! Lydia was thrilled that she could sit next to Porter and grab his hair, while Porter spent most of his time trying to ignore her and sit as far away as possible. :)


2 comments:

  1. How awesome that you got a bike trailer! I admit that I'm jealous, but I hope you continue to enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Becca, We miss you guys too!! We finally lived our dream of being in the same ward as eachother with our hubands and babies and then I had to up and move! :( We will just have to come visit and you guys will have to come to CA! Hope you are well! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete