Neal's mom gave us a beautiful Easter dress for Lydia. She looked so adorable and the weather was really nice, so of course we had to take lots of pictures.
Lydia is fascinated by the grass and loves to pull out little handfuls.
Lydia and her handsome daddy!
Mommy and Lydia!
Lydia loves to stand! She can stand by herself for a few seconds, but is still a bit shaky, so we help her out a bit. I don't think it will be much longer before she starts walking.
As much fun as the holidays and festivities can be, I hope that we all take time to remember the real reason for our celebration. Our Savior, Jesus Christ is risen! I love a hymn we sing,
"He is risen! He is risen! Tell it out with joyful voice. He has burst his three days' prison; Let the whole wide earth rejoice. Death is conquered; man is free. Christ has won the victory." (LDS Hymn 199 'He is Risen!', text by Cecil Frances Alexander).
painting by Simon Dewey
I know that our Savior died and was resurrected for us. He lives that we may also live again! Through Him we can find peace and eternal life. Through Him our families can be together- not just until death do us part, but beyond through the eternities! I am so grateful for this knowledge and for the joy that comes by following Him and by keeping the commandments. Not only do I need to remember this every day, but I need to really live it- to do and become better and more like Him each day. Let us never forget that HE LIVES! (To visit more about our belief's visit http://www.lds.org/?lang=eng )


I love all your Easter pictures! Lydia is such a beautiful girl and you guys are a cute family. :)
ReplyDelete