Friday, May 25, 2012

9 months!

I can't believe that Lydia is 9 months already! She is a very busy girl and loves getting into everything! She started crawling a bit before Easter but she has gotten really fast in the past month. She loves being able to go go go! She has also gotten really good at pulling herself up to standing and can even stand by herself in the middle of a room for short periods of time.  She is still very sweet and happy, especially when there are lots of people around to give her attention. Her first two teeth finally popped through (the first came through the end of April), but no signs of any others yet. 


Lydia loves to pull every single toy out of her box. I guess this time she wanted the container too.



Also at the end of April, Lydia discovered that she doesn't need to just lay down and go to sleep while in her crib. She has always gone right to sleep when we put her down, so I thought it was strange when she just kept crying. When I came in to check on her, she was sitting  up in the corner of the crib (top right pic). I had no idea she could sit up from lying down! She finally did go to sleep and the bottom right pic is how I found her after her nap. :) Luckily this crying phase didn't last too long and she is back to taking good naps- just in crazy positions now. 

Uh oh! Her new favorite activity is pulling each book off of the bottom two shelves. I think it is time for me to do some baby proofing. 

Playing with the dishwasher is almost as fun as the books.

Her hair is also getting longer and I was able to put it into her first ponytail (yes- it's super tiny)

1 comment:

  1. She is so cute! And I love the stage where you start finding them in crazy sleeping positions..it's so funny!

    ReplyDelete