Friday, March 2, 2012

Projects and crafts

I really am not a very crafty person, but lately I have had a lot of fun with projects and sewing. I think a lot of the motivation came as I joined Pintrist a month or two ago. If I see cute ideas and projects that have already been done, I can copy the idea- making a few modifications with what I have and my style. Here are a few fun things I have made lately.


Wendy came over one day and we made this fun Valentine's wreath. Using wire coat hangers and scraps of fabric and ribbon that we had, it was an afternoon of fun at no cost!


After she left, I decided that my living room needed something for valentines day as well. This garland is just scrapbooking paper cut into hearts (once again- paper I just had lying around).


After Valentine's day was over and my heart wreath came down, the door looked bare again. I needed something colorful and springish to put up. After finding a plain wreath at D.I. for $1, I went home, dug out my fabric scraps, and make lots and lots of fabric flowers.


This project has also been on my "to make" list for a while. It is a bow/ headband holder for Lydia (made from an old frame, some paint, ribbon, and cup hooks). I am so glad I finally got it finished because it is so much easier to keep her headbands organized now.


Of course I made Lydia some fun new headbands. I love making a variety of bows and flowers for her- they are fast, easy, and so much fun! These latest flowers were more ribbon scraps and beads that I had.


My mother-in-law gave me a new sewing machine for Christmas and I finally pulled it out of the box and set it up. I have been wanting a new skirt for a while but haven't been able to find one that I like (that I am also willing to pay for) so I decided to make my own. It was the perfect project to test out the sewing machine out with. It is so nice, I love it! Now I just need to learn how to use all the cool buttons, functions, and stitches it can do. :)


After finishing my skirt I had even had enough fabric left to make Lydia one too.

4 comments:

  1. You are a talented woman! Seeing all your awesome stuff makes me wish I was a crafty person with such skills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachel! I really am not that crafty, I just follow other people's ideas and patterns. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becca... you are crafty. So glad we live close enough to be crafty together sometimes! Now I need something springy on my door... hmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becca, these are so fun! You are great at making things, and it's fun to see your ideas!!! Also, your photography for your other post is great! Lydia is sooo cute :) It's fun to see what you all are up to!

    ReplyDelete