Thursday, November 14, 2013

Random Happenings

This post is a bunch of random pictures I wanted to put on here. Just a day in the life...

I found a recipe for finger paint online and thought it would be fun to make with Lydia. She loved it! We didn't have any paintbrushes, so we used q-tips. After a while of "painting" pictures, Lydia decided it was much more fun to paint herself! 


Lydia loves to follow me around and always be doing what I am doing. One morning I came out to the living room to discover that she had gotten Neal's bag from the bathroom. It happened to have a disposable razor in it and she was running it up and down her legs (just like she had watched me do at times). Thank goodness the protective covering was still on it. I quickly took it from her and made sure the rest were out of reach. I guess I need to be more careful what I do in front of her. :) Another day she had gotten my makeup bag and I found her with my eyelash curler in front of the mirror. Doing makeup is one of her favorite things, she is constantly getting into my bag and playing with whatever she can get her hands on. 


I did a lot of painting in the last few months so Lydia loves paintbrushes. I finally let her play with a couple and "paint" with water outside. She loved painting the stairs, drawing pictures, and writing names (with my help)! (top right) She loves going to the park with her friends. She and Caleb had fun riding on the dinosaur together. (bottom right) Neal's dad had a large bin/tub/trough (I don't know what to call it) that Lydia loved to play in as her own personal swimming pool.


At the end of August, we bought Lydia a "big girl" bed. I was worried about her not sleeping well in it and being able to get in and out all of the time. I was surprised at how well she did, from day one she stayed put in her bed and would still be there when I came in to get her in the mornings. A few weeks into this, Neal went to get her one morning and this is how he found her. Apparently she thought this box would be a better place to sleep than her bed. What a silly girl! She'd even brought her pillow and blanket with her.


No comments:

Post a Comment