Another post that is way overdue! Lydia turned 2 this past August. I can't believe that our little girl is already that old! Where did the time go? She has learned so much this past year, she definitely is growing up quickly. In fact, she tells me almost everyday, "I growing up so big!" She is still a people person and loves to talk to everyone. Her vocabulary really expanded and she mostly talks in complete sentences. She knows her colors really well (actually she has for quite a few months now), can count to 10, and knows some of her letters. Her favorite song is "I am a Child of God" and she requests that I sing it every night. Sometimes she sings along with me, and I've heard her singing it by herself when I'm not right there. It's so cute to hear her little voice "singing" songs. Helping me with whatever I'm doing in another of her favorite things to do, as she doesn't like to be left out of anything. She's actually is pretty helpful with sweeping, dusting, and throwing things away. She is definitely coming into the "terrible twos" and knows how to throw a little fit, but she is usually very happy and wants others to be happy as well. Each morning (well, almost every morning) when I come into her room, she'll look at me and exclaim, "Mom, I wake up happy!" At such a young age, she is also learning how to get on my good side. I was a bit frustrated and sad with how she was acting one day. Next thing I know, she came up behind me and gave me a big hug. Then she started giving me a back/shoulder massage with her little hands while saying, "Mom, it's ok. Be happy Mom." How could I stay mad and frustrated at her any longer? We sure love our Lydia and all she brings to our family.
The birthday girl!
Every time I asked her what kind of cake she wanted, she would reply, "purple." I didn't have a lot of time to make her cake, so it isn't the prettiest, but she loved it! Blueberries are also one of her favorite foods, so those had to go on the cake somewhere too.
So excited for her birthday! She loved opening her presents and eating cake and ice cream.
After feeding the ducks, we went over to the water section. Lydia loves water and had a blast wandering around the little stream. splashing in the water, and playing in the fountain.
Next (and lastly) we headed to the playground area. I should have taken more pictures, but Lydia was having too much fun. I was surprised at the amount of equipment there: swings, slides, splash pads, and so much more. Dallin helped her go on the very tallest slide over and over again, and then they had fun on the teeter totter together. She also spent a lot of time on the swings and just running around. Unfortunately it was time to go home for lunch and naps. Next time we'll come and spend more time playing!
.jpeg)


No comments:
Post a Comment