Tuesday, October 29, 2013

July 2013

July was another fun filled summer month. The Meyers (the couple we were house sitting for) came back home the very end of June. Neal's parents have a triplex down the street that we were planning on renting, but it needed some new carpet, painting, and repairs (turns out there was termite damage in the kitchen) so we stayed with his parents for the end of June and most of July. Lydia loved waking up and seeing Grandma, Grandpa, and Dallin everyday! Dallin and Lydia are so funny to watch, they chase each other, Lydia loves to tease him and take whatever he has with him (especially his red rope and Jessie doll), and often they would crawl around pretending to be different animals together.  

Fun at Grandma's house. :)  (top)Lydia with her crazy bed head and enjoying playing in the toy room.
(bottom) playing dance dance with Dallin, and having fun with sidewalk chalk

Helping mom do the dishes. Lydia is a good helper and loves to do whatever I am doing!

Neal and I also took Lydia to the Discovery Gateway center in Salt Lake. I hadn't been there since an elementary school field trip and it has changed so much! There was so much to see and do, even for the little kids. We stayed for a couple of hours and Lydia loved it! I feel like we could have spent all day and not gotten bored with anything. 


She loved the water tables and activities there. She really wanted to get on the horse but as soon as she did, wanted Neal to take her off again. I guess she preferred to just look at the animals and not get on them.

They also had a cute little house set up, complete with kitchen/dining room, and a living room with a vacuum, "babies" and their cradles, ironing board, a piano, and a reading nook with chairs and books, and more. There was also a grocery store, a farm, a post office, a construction site, and so many more things. Upstairs they had more science based activities and things to see/do. Unfortunately our camera battery died, so I didn't take many pictures. We'll definitely have to go back soon.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you guys are doing well! And congrats on the new baby, if I remember right didn't you have him in the car? Or am I thinking of someone else, anyway I like the updates! -This is Jessica by the way, I don't know why I can't get off of Dustin's account.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Yes, Jacob was born in the car. I'll post an update with his story sometime... after I get all caught up. Blogging definitely is not my favorite thing to do. I'm impressed with how well you keep yours updated!

    ReplyDelete