Here are some snapshots of March.
Jacob continues to grow much to quickly and wants to do whatever Lydia is doing. He is scooting himself and can get into many more things now. One of his favorite things to play with is the princess castle Lydia got for Christmas. He loves to play/chew on the dolls and spin the flowers so it plays music. He likes to be outside and pretty much anything that other people are doing, he hates to be left by himself.
Lydia is still loving being a big sister and always wants to help out/hold/ and play with Jacob. She was so excited to take him on his first slide!
She also loves to play and is always asking, "Mom, can we do a fun activity today" She loved this "game" putting shaving cream on a tray and scooping it/playing with it. She is still my little reader and loves to read stories, especially Curious George.
We also started Jacob on solids this month, and he is doing well with that. His first food was pureed squash, which he loved. He likes almost anything we have given him so far, except plums (top left picture). I think they were a bit too tart for his liking. :)
These next pictures are for Neal, as he tells me the blog has turned into just about the kids. :) Random fact about me. I love smores. Mostly just the toasted marshmallow part, but all of it together: the crunchy cracker, the melt y goodness of chocolate, and the gooey marshmallow. To make the perfect smore though, you have to add fruit of some kind: strawberries, raspberries, blueberries... take your pick! It really just adds the perfect touch! Anyway, one Sunday I REALLY wanted some smores. We had the marshmallows, the chocolate, the strawberries, but no crackers. Plus, I had recently discovered that if you put the marshmallows in the broiler for a minute or so, it makes the perfect toasted marshmallow... and no campfire required. Because it was Sunday and I couldn't buy crackers, I decided to make my own. A hour later, I was happily eating my smores... and they tasted amazing! Neal just shook his head, pulled out the camera, and told me I had to put it on the blog. :) Happy wife, happy family, right?
The "big" event of March was Stephanie (Neal's sister) and Josh's' wedding. They were married March 29th in the Bountiful, UT temple. The ceremony was wonderful and she was a beautiful bride. The were both smiles all day and we couldn't be happier for them! It was quite windy at the temple, so all the temple pictures have us with windblown hair/clothes. :)
The wedding luncheon and the reception were both held at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building in Salt Lake. Everything was elegant and we were all happy to be out of the wind!
The Luncheon
Dancing at the reception. Of course Lydia had to jump in and get a dance with the bride and the groom!
Our cute kids and our happy family! Stephanie was nice enough to let me make the little girl's dresses (it was just Lydia and Josh had one niece the same age) and I think they turned out pretty well.
Stephanie with all of her sisters in law
The Johnson family. This picture turned out much better than the wind blown ones from outside. :)

.jpg)










No comments:
Post a Comment