This post is way over due! Hopefully I can get it finished today or it will be another couple of weeks before I get around to it again. :) I can't believe how much Lydia has changed and grown in the past year. It's still so crazy that we have a 1 year old! Neal and I really love the stage she is currently in, she is so fun, so full of life and personality, and is learning things like crazy! She is a great walker and basically runs everywhere she goes. She loves daddy and runs into our room each morning, shouting, "da-da" da-da"! We try to go outside each day when he comes home from work, and she gets so excited when she sees him coming!
She is still a good eater, although she doesn't love her vegetables quite as much as she used to :(. Her vocabulary is coming along as well. She makes noises for sheep (baa), dogs (a woof), cats (mee, mee) elephant (dooo), monkey (ooo eeee). She also says, ma-ma, da-da, ba-ba (bottle and a defalt word for lots of other things), duh (for uncle Dallin), o oh( uh oh), and pretty (although for some reason, she always whispers this one). She blows kisses and say muh while she is doing so. It is very cute! She also loves to give kisses on the cheek. She loves her bottle, her blanket, playing with her stuffed animals (especially her kitty), reading books, exploring, and going outside. She giggles and laughs all day and we couldn't have asked for a happier or better baby! We love our Lydia so much!!
She loves playing in the cupboards and exploring in the kitchen. She has found the cereal a couple of times and dumped it on the floor before I knew what she was doing. :)
Lydia LOVES fresh fruit. She was so happy to discover the peach trees in the back yard and would have loved to stay there all day. She thought it was the greatest to go out in the backyard, pick a peach, and eat the whole thing! If Neal or I tried to take the peach from her to cut up or take the skin off, she would get really mad at us! That was her peach and nobody could take it from her.
Our happy baby playing outside!
We also took Lydia to the doctor for her 12 month checkup. Let's just say it was not the best one we have been to. :( She is growing and healthy. Here are her stats.
Weight: 20 lbs 13.5 oz (45%)
Length: 30.3 in (80%)
Head: 18 in (55%)
Lydia doesn't like the doctor (I don't know why not, because she is very nice) and was very clingy every time she came into the room. She liked the nurse a lot... until it was time for shots and then she screamed and screamed. While she was still crying from her shots, she hit her head on the metal examining table and got a huge goose egg! Poor baby! I felt so bad for her. She has also never had any side affects from shots before (at least that I have noticed) and this time they made her sick for a few days. We were so glad to have our happy baby back when she was finally feeling better! Good thing all doctor visits are not like that!
Our little cougar fan. We dressed Lydia up for the big Utah vs BYU game. I'm really not into sports that much, but Neal enjoys it and is definitely a big BYU fan. We had fun watching the game at Brent and Annie's place with the family, even though they lost.

No comments:
Post a Comment